The Town Clerks Office
Monday-Friday 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
The Town Clerk is responsible for issuing licenses and collecting fees assessed by various Town departments as well as on behalf of Monroe County and the State of New York. In addition, the Town Clerk works in conjunction with the Monroe County Board of Elections on all local, state, and federal elections. The Town Clerk's office is considered a "gateway to information."
SUMMARY OF SERVICES
- Custodian of all town records, books, and papers.
- Records Management Officer.
- Official recipient of inquires under the Freedom of Information Act.
- Administrative support to the Town Board and Town Attorney.
- Administration and recording of bids.
- Collection of fees.
- Marriage, sporting and hunting licenses, dog, peddler, bingo, games of chance, and other miscellaneous permits.
- Work with the Monroe County Board of Elections in securing polling sites and coordinating election inspectors.