New York State Fishing License
Who Should Obtain:
- Anyone under 16 may fish WITHOUT a license in NYS.
- 16 and older require an adult license.
- Non-residents of New York State can purchase an individual non-resident license.
Cost to Obtain:
Fees for fishing licenses are set by New York State. Effective with the 2009-2010 season, fees for fishing licenses will be:
License Type Fee
Fishing (16-69 years of age) $25
Senior Fishing (over 70 years of age) $ 5
7-day fishing $15
1-day Fishing $ 5
Recreational Marine Fishing $10
7-day Recreational Marine Fishing $ 8
7-day Recreational Marine Fishing $ 4
Where to Obtain:
Town Clerk's Office, Greece Town Hall, 1 Vince Tofany Blvd., Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
When to Obtain:
A license may be obtained at any time. The license year goes from October 1- September 30.
- Identification providing proof of age
- Proof of NYS residency for residency rate (driver's license or non driver ID issued by DMV)