Sidewalk Snow Removal
The Department of Public Works sidewalk snow removal period begins in November and concludes in April. For the 2018 – 2019 Winter, Southern and Western side street sidewalks will be plowed. Most main roads and vicinities around schools and shopping centers will be plowed on both sides of the street.
The Town of Greece has eleven sidewalk routes which can take between four and five hours to complete depending on conditions. The eleven plowed routes cover approximately 350 miles of sidewalks.
Hours of Operation:
Monday – Friday: 6:30am – 7:00pm.
Saturday/Sunday: 6:30am – 4:00pm.
Town of Greece Public Works
647 Long Pond Rd
Rochester, NY 14612
Phone (585) 225-4590
The Town Board appoints the Commissioner of Public Works for a term of two years. Currently, the Commissioner of Public Works is Kirk A. Morris. The Commissioner oversees all divisions of public works including administration, engineering, highway garage, traffic control, road repairs and improvements, bridges, machinery, snow removal, street lighting, sidewalks, sanitary sewers, refuse and composting, drainage and right-of-way shade trees.
SUMMARY OF SERVICES
- Direction and leadership to all Public Works divisions.
- Formulation of infrastructure improvement programs
- Equipment analysis and acquisition.
FREQUENTLY USED FORMS
Flood Risk Zones
Approximately 2800 properties in the Town of Greece have been identified as subject to flooding by FEMA. To determine the FEMA identified flood risk for your property follow the directions below.
- Using any reliable search engine type into the search field: FEMA Map - Service Center. FEMA Map Service Center
- Once you have entered the Map Service Center website you will see a lot of links. If you are looking for your flood map click Flood Maps
- FEMA website will then prompt you to enter your state first, then your county & finally the town or village in which you reside. Lastly click on get FEMA issued flood maps.
- Next if you know your specific panel number click on view (the magnifying glass) and your area flood map will appear, you may have to zoom in to find your exact location.