View 2019 Final Assessment Roll Here
Defensive Driving Courses
Greece Town Supervisor Bill Reilich has launched a program for Town of Greece residents:
The Greece Police Department will now be hosting Defensive Driving Courses for Greece residents. These Town-Sponsored Defensive Driving Courses offered through the National Safety Council are DMV-approved for point and insurance reduction.
HOW DO I REGISTER?
- Registration can be done online or in person.
- To register online, please click here: https://is.gd/Q1l9th
Please note that the online registration form is submitted through the Town of Greece Community Center. This means that a few of the registration questions may be irrelevant, but are nonetheless mandatory that you answer in order to complete the online registration process. There will be a section on the registration webpage to input your credit card information. Accepted credit cards are Visa/Mastercard/Discover.
IN PERSON REGISTRATION
- In Person registration takes place at the Greece Community and Senior Center.
- Accepted forms of in-person payment include cash, check, and credit card.
Please see below for the Town of Greece Community and Senior Center open hours:
September - May
Monday - Thursday 8:00am - 8:00pm
Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm
Saturday 8:00am - 1:00pm
June - August
Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Tuesday & Thursday: 8:00am - 8:00pm
WHO CAN REGISTER?
This course is currently open to residents of Greece only.
WHAT IS THE COST?
- $17 per person.
- Maximum: 20 people.
- There are no refunds.
WHERE WILL COURSES BE HELD?
- Town of Greece Police Headquarters at 6 Vince Tofany Boulevard, Greece, NY 14612 in the Multi-Purpose Room.
WHEN WILL COURSES BE HELD?
Tuesday, July 23rd, from 6:00pm – 9:00pm (first session)
Thursday, July 25th, from 6:00pm – 9:00pm (second session)
Tuesday, August 13th, from 6:00pm – 9:00pm (first session)
Thursday, August 15th, from 6:00pm – 9:00pm (second session)
Wednesday, September 18th, from 9:00am – 3:00pm (full day session)
Tuesday, September 24th, from 6:00pm – 9:00pm (first session)
Thursday, September 26th, from 6:00pm – 9:00pm (second session)
Tuesday, October 15th, from 6:00pm – 9:00pm (first session)
Thursday, October 17th, from 6:00pm – 9:00pm (second session)
Tuesday, November 19th, from 6:00pm – 9:00pm (first session)
Thursday, November 21st, from 6:00pm – 9:00pm (second session)
Tuesday, December 17th, from 6:00pm – 9:00pm (first session)
Thursday, December 19th, from 6:00pm – 9:00pm (second session)
HOW LONG IS THE COURSE?
- Course length is 6 hours, held over two evenings.
Participants must attend both evenings (total of 6 hours) to get credit for the course.
For questions regarding course material and insurance reduction, please click here: https://dmv.ny.gov/brochure/point-insurance-reduction-program.
All course material questions will be covered during the extensive class sessions. Additional information regarding the course and point and insurance reduction can be found on the DMV website at https://dmv.ny.gov/brochure/point-insurance-reduction-program.
What is defensive driving? The DMV defines defensive driving as a safe driving technique that all drivers should use, which includes:
- Looking ahead and expecting the unexpected.
- Controlling your speed.
- Maintaining a safe following distance.
- Preparedness for the reactions of other drivers.
- Driving safely for weather and/or road conditions.
- Being alert and distraction-free.
- Watching and respecting other drivers.
Benefits associated with completing the Defensive Driving Course according to the National Safety Council and the Department of Motor Vehicle:
- Reduction in fines associated with a traffic ticket.
- Offsetting ticket points on your driving record.
- Up to a 4-point reduction with NYS DMV.
- An insurance rate reduction.
- Mandatory insurance premium reduction of up to 10% for 3 years.
- Prevention or reinstatement of a suspended driver’s license.
- The opportunity to be part of a program that sets the standard for accident prevention and vehicle safety in New York State.
Benefits associated with completing the Defensive Driving Course in the Town of Greece Police Headquarters classroom setting:
- You will have direct access to an instructor for questions and thorough explanations.
- You will have multiple visual aids in differing formats.
- You will be sharing the room with other drivers you may learn and receive support from.
- You will have a structured learning environment.
Supervisor Reilich Hosts Annual Holiday Tree Lighting Ceremony and Family Christmas Party
Supervisor Reilich will be hosting the Annual Holiday Tree Lighting Ceremony and Family Christmas Party on Thursday, December 6th, 2018. The tree lighting ceremony will take place on the Greece Town Hall Campus at the pavilion next to the Greece Community Center at 3 Vince Tofany Boulevard. Attendees will be treated to a performance by the U of R YellowJackets. Complimentary popcorn and hot chocolate will be available.
Following the tree lighting ceremony, all are invited to the Family Christmas Party. The festivities will feature visits with Santa, light refreshments, crafts, an inflatable snow globe, face painting, coffee from Starbucks, and more. Guests are encouraged to dress warmly, as activities will take place both inside and outside. All events are free to the public.
Please see below for the timeline of events:
5:45pm – U of R YellowJackets Performance.
6:15pm – Official Tree Lighting.
6:15pm – 8:00pm – Festivities at Greece Community Center.
If residents have access to Facebook, we ask that they please indicate their interest in the event: https://www.facebook.com/events/528759197942859/. This is to ensure that enough treats will be available for the children. For more information, please call the Town of Greece Community and Senior Center at 585-723-2425.