For Immediate Release
November 16, 2012
Town of Greece to Participate in “Fill the Truck,”
Hurricane Sandy Relief Effort for Freeport, NY
The Town of Greece is pleased to be partnering with the Greece Fire Agencies, Greece Volunteer Ambulance, Greece Central School District, First Bible Baptist Church and the Northwest YMCA in their “Fill the Truck” Hurricane Sandy Relief Effort.
Residents are asked to donate new books and toys for children, canned and non-perishable foods, pet food and pet supplies to help those recovering from Hurricane Sandy. All donated items will be delivered to Freeport, NY on Long Island.
“On behalf of the Town of Greece and Greece residents, I’d like to thank the North Greece Fire Department for sponsoring and coordinating this collection,” said Supervisor John Auberger. “We can’t imagine what these people are going through right now, we can only hope that collections like this will help them in their road to recovery.”
Items are being collected at the following locations:
• North Greece Fire Department Headquarters, 1766 Latta Road. Daily collections.
• North Greece Fire Department Training Facility, 3666 Latta Road. Collections on November 24 and November 25 from 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
• Barnard Fire Department, 3084 Dewey Avenue. Daily collections.
• Lake Shore Fire Department, Station 3, 1 Long Pond Road. Daily collections.
• Ridge Road Fire Department Headquarters, 1299 Long Pond Road. Daily collections.
• Greece Volunteer Ambulance, 867 Long Pond Road. Daily collections.
• Greece Public Library, 2 Vince Tofany Boulevard. Daily collections.
• Town of Greece Community & Senior Center, 3 Vince Tofany Boulevard. Daily collections.
• First Bible Baptist Church, 990 Manitou Road. Daily collections.
• Northwest YMCA, 730 Long Pond Road. Daily collections.