The Town of Greece and the Monroe County Department of Environmental Services will hold an appointment only Hazardous Waste Collection on SATURDAY, October 16, 2010 from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. To schedule an appointment, residents should call the Town of Greece Department of Public Works at 225-4590. Appointments will be accepted until October 15.
Location - Town of Greece Department of Public Works, 647 Long Pond Road
Up to 30 gallons of the following materials will be accepted per appointment at no charge:
• Oil-based & Latex Paint (for 1/3-gallon or less of Latex Paint: discard lid, add kitty litter, let dry, place can in trash)
• Wood Stain & Preservatives
• Automotive Fluids (antifreeze; brake, power steering and transmission fluids)
• Pesticides & Fertilizers
• Flammable Products (gasoline, kerosene, thinners, strippers, solvents)
• Household Cleaners (liquid soaps & waxes, drain cleaners, etc.)
• Driveway Sealer
• Pool & Photo Chemicals
• Rechargeable (Ni-Cad) & Button Batteries
• Mercury (thermometers, thermostats)
• Syringes/Sharps (safely packaged)
Do Not Bring: used motor oil & vehicle batteries (contact service station or retailer); Propane tanks (permanent HHW facility only); cans with dried paint (if it rattles when shaken – remove lid and place in trash); empty containers (trash or recycle); everyday alkaline batteries (trash); glazing/spackle & joint compounds (trash), propane tanks.
Sat, 10/16/2010 8:00am - 12:00pm