Gary Beikirch Veterans' Memorial
The Gary Beikirch Veterans' Memorial is located on the southeast wall of Town Hall. The Veterans' Memorial is truly a living memorial and pays homage to both those who fought and died in conflict and those who returned home to live a full life. There are currently over 5,000 names inscribed on the wall. Each Memorial Day, a new group of veterans are honored and have their names engraved on the memorial.
Anyone may apply for inclusion on the Memorial. The criteria is as follows:
- The individual must have served during a period of designated war or conflict
- The individual must have lived in the Town of Greece at least one year.
- Individuals must obtain an application and return the application to the Greece Town Hall with a copy of the Honorable Discharge papers and/or Form DD214.
- If you would like to submit an application for the 2019 presentation, you may submit that at anytime before February 28, 2019.
- Applications can be obtained by clicking here , visiting Greece Town Hall, or can be received by mail upon request.
- Instructions for completing the application can be found by clicking here.
Display Veteran on Wall
Memorial Day Parade
The Town of Greece organizes an annual parade and ceremony in honor of Memorial Day. The parade will begin at 12:00 noon on Monday, May 27, 2019 and will proceed from Janes Road down Long Pond Road to the Greece Town Hall Campus. Immediately following the parade is the Remembrance Ceremony, held at the Greece Town Hall Pavilion.
To discuss eligibility to participate in the Memorial Day Parade, please call 225-2000 and ask for the Office of the Supervisor.