The Digital Book Mobile National Tour is making a stop at the Greece Public Library Main Branch, located at 2 Vince Tofany Boulevard, on Tuesday, August 13th, from 10:30am – 4:30pm and Wednesday, August 14th, from 2:00pm – 7:00pm.
The Digital Book Mobile is a 53-foot long traveling exhibit that provides devices, internet connectivity and expert guidance to the local library’s digital collection of ebooks and audiobooks. It is equipped with broadband Internet-connected PCs, free Wi-Fi connection, touchscreen monitors, premium sound systems, and a variety of portable media players, all of which help visitors explore the Greece Public Library’s digital service. In the Gadget Gallery, readers can explore all popular devices, including iPhone®, iPad®, Android™ phones and tablets, Chromebook™ and Kindle®. Interactive learning stations encourage visitors to search the library’s digital media collection and go through the borrowing process. Beginners can get a one-on-one tutorial from technical experts. For images and more information, visit https://digitalbookmobile.com/. To browse the libraries’ ebooks and more, visit www.overdrive.com.
Below are the services that the Digital Book Mobile offers:
- Community members can explore the digital services available at public libraries in Greece.
- Readers can learn how to browse and borrow from Seymour Library’s and Greece Public Library’s collections of ebooks and audiobooks.
- Equipped with interactive workstations featuring video tutorials, touchscreen activities, and devices to sample titles and more.
- Library staff and eReading experts available to guide visitors.
- Tours are free and open to the community; full Digital Bookmobile schedule at digitalbookmobile.com.
- Readers with a valid library card can borrow their favorite titles 24/7 by visiting https://keyslibraries.overdrive.com or downloading OverDrive’s one-tap reading app, Libby.
“I’m very excited that Greece was chosen as a stop on the digital bookmobile tour.” Said Supervisor Reilich. “Residents can borrow eBooks and audiobooks anytime, anywhere by visiting https://libraryweb.overdrive.com/. Residents in Greece are fortunate that the Greece Public Library subscribes to a higher level subscription and therefore we have more access to eBooks than any other library in the County”.