Community Center Renovation and Expansion Announced
In January 2022, Supervisor Reilich was pleased to announce plans for the renovation and expansion of the Greece Community Center. The current facility, built in 2006, has served the needs of the residents through a variety of fitness classes, kids programs, walking track, senior nutrition and more.
“The Town of Greece is home to nearly 100,000 residents. Each year, tens of thousands of residents utilize the various activities and amenities offered by our Greece Community and Senior Center, and this number is ever increasing” said Supervisor Reilich. “The Greece Town Board Members and I regularly receive phone calls and messages from residents asking for expanded features and amenities in the Town of Greece. Our most recent recreation survey has been our guide in deciding which services are in most demand. Many great improvements have already been made on the Greece Town Hall Campus – including the most recent Greece Public Library Children’s Center last year. We are all excited to bring another option for expanded programs and activities to our residents by offering these wellness opportunities. Thank you in advance for your patience while we undergo these exciting changes for your future enjoyment!”
Phase 1- Renovation of Existing Space
- New reception desk area designed to increase safer and efficient traffic flow of members and residents.
- Relocating entry to gymnasium.
- Remodeled restrooms and new entrance.
- Creation of a toddler gym space.
- Remodeled and expanded senior lounge.
- Upgrades to ceiling and floors throughout.
Phase 2- Expansion
This includes adding 32,250 sq. ft of:
- 970 feet of expanded walking track which will connect to the current walking track.
- Wellness Center featuring a variety of equipment including cardio, ellipticals, treadmills, stair climbers and more.
- Cycling room with classes as well as subscription based virtual classes.
- Dedicated fitness class/activity area.
- Additional programming space.