A permit required for the installation of any deck or stoop. If a contractor is used, that contractor must have general liability and Workman’s Compensation insurances filed with the Town of Greece as a certificate holder.
Plans Submittal Requirements
- A copy of an Instrument Survey with dimensions indicating the location of the deck on the property.
- A plan with dimensions indicating how the structure will be constructed and anchored. This plan should include materials used and spacing of framing members.
- A plan showing the guardrails as required by the New York State Residential Code. Such guardrails are required to be a minimum of 36 inches in height.
- Plans for pool decks must depict and label details regarding:
– 48″ Gate swinging away from pool, that is both self-closing and self-latching
– Gate must swing over a minimal 3′ X 3′ sq. ft landing.
– Latch for pool gate must be set at a minimum of 3″ below top of gate.
– Within an 18″ radius of the latch no space may be greater than 1/2″
(All construction documents must conform to Appendix G of the Residential code of New York State)
Additional Guidelines & Regulations Information:
Applications & Fees
Building permit applications must be completed and submitted to the Technical Services Department at One Vince Tofany Blvd. Hours: Monday – Friday, 9am-5pm.
Please contact the Technical Services Department at (585) 723-2443 for additional information.