Ice Rink Status: CLOSED for Season
The ice rink is located on the Greece Town Hall Campus at 1 Vince Tofany Blvd to the west of the library building. For additional information, please call (585) 723-2425
GREECE RESIDENTS ONLY
(please bring proper identification with proof of address)
SATURDAY AND SUNDAY 10AM-8PM
An extended forecast of sub-32 degree daily high temperatures for three to five days is required to provide an initial solid base to prepare the rink for use. Once the base is established, the quality and safety of the ice is determined by weather factors, patron use/abuse and/or other preparation issues. “OPEN” signs will be displayed when the ice rink is deemed safe and useable. Please check the website or call (585) 723-2425 to check the status of the rink.
The Greece Community Ice Rink, gives skaters of all skill levels plenty of room to enjoy. Skates are available (see requirements below) and residents must check in at the Welcome Shed and present identification with proof of address to receive an admission tag. In addition, there is a heated shelter on site to provide a comfortable place to change in and out of skates. The use of this facility is at your own risk. By using this ice rink, participants are acknowledging that there are inherent risks involved in the activity of ice skating and are voluntarily assuming those risks.
Skates Available for Loan:
From the generosity of Brian and Harvest Gionta, skates are now available for use at the rink for free.
Requirements to borrow skates:
- Valid NYS driver’s license to be retained while using the skates.
- Cannot be removed from rink site.
- Must be returned in the same usable condition in which they were loaned.
*There are limited sizes and quantities of skates, it’s encouraged to bring your own.
Prohibited Items and Actions:
- Food, drink or other alcoholic beverages
- Drug use or smoking; including “e-cigarettes” or vaping
- Fighting, use of profanity or other harassing language
- Pets or other objects such as balls, pucks, hockey sticks or any other miscellaneous objects.
- Games such as snap, whip, tag, hockey games or practice, speed skating, broom ball, etc.
- Behavior interfering with the use of the rink by other skaters