The Jerry J. Helfer Youth Engagement Award Scholarship has been established by the Town of Greece to highlight Jerry’s exceptional character, virtue and his lifelong love of learning and public service. Jerry served our community for over 25 years. One of his first positions was being a member on the Town of Greece Youth Board. Additionally, Jerry served as Town Councilman from 1998-2008 and Deputy Supervisor from January 2014 up until his untimely passing in July of the same year.
The establishment of this scholarship provides the Greece community with the opportunity to recognize a student that regularly upholds exemplary moral values, devotes time and energy into helping serve the Greece community, and consistently displays outstanding leadership skills.
The criteria for a nominee are as follows:
- Nominee must be a resident of the Town of Greece
- Nominee is a high school student in twelfth grade
- Nominee has held at least one leadership position in an organization
- Nominee actively participates in community service activities
- Nominee displays excellent moral values
- Plan to attend a 2-4 year college/vocational training program
- Have attained at least a B average
The Town of Greece Youth Board will be screening all documents to determine the recipient of this award.
We ask that you please submit your recommendation to Town of Greece Youth Board RE: Jerry J. Helfer Youth Engagement Award Scholarship, 1 Vince Tofany Blvd, Greece, NY 14612 no later than May 3, 2019.
THE 2019 JERRY J. HELFER YOUTH ENGAGEMENT SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION DEADLINE HAS ENDED.